Antony John
Senior MemberPosts: 1,027Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 price drop soon. Also to be replaced by new D600S model
In reply to lock, May 30, 2013

lock wrote:

Antony John wrote:

lock wrote:

I can point you to a forum where you will find over 2500 posts about this topic. Not only recent purchases but also recently fixed d600 are still struck by dust and oil. Exchanging shutter may work in some cases but not in all.

So where is the oil originating from then?

Mirror frame was mentioned before.

Nobody said all D600 are bad. But I suspect a substantial number of users simply do not know. And some do not want know, others simply clean it without being bothered with it.

I can only judge on my sample - that's reality. The fact is not all D600's show the problem.

No manufacture worth his salt will allow an issue that is significant to continue - and it's not a major problem to fix.

Unless you do nit have a real fix...

Thought it was the shutter/mirror assembly?

There are those that have the problem, and those that do not.

The problem is 'something' throwing excess oil onto the sensor. So the problem is (most probably unless it's to do with tolerances within the mechanism) excess oil.

So some cameras (most probably) have excess oil and some don't - so ensure the right (minimal) amount of oil is added at manufacture or increase the oil viscosity or the oil's viscosity index or use a dilatant oil (dilatancy is the property of a material to exhibit increased viscosity under stress - e.g. when 'in motion' like when the mirror/shutter moves) - or all of the above.

Just some thoughts, if this is indeed the cause - not 'rocket science' anyway.

Are you having the problem with your D600?

-- hide signature --

AJ
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Antony John's gear list:Antony John's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D90 Nikon D600 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow