Testing the new LED100WA-56 Light with Bowens Softbox Mount

Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tom Meeks
Senior MemberPosts: 2,939Gear list
Like?
Re: Testing the new LED100WA-56 Light with Bowens Softbox Mount
In reply to Bretal, May 30, 2013

That was my reaction.  For the price it looked like worth taking a chance.  And, I'm about to up that by trying the 200W version that they are just now releasing.  But, this time, I am going to go for the addition of the $35.00 remote control that I missed on the initial orders.

Of course, we still don't have a clue as to how reliable they are over years and years,  But, sometimes you just have to make your best guess and take the plunge.

So far I know...

1)  The color very closely matches the strobes I use on a regular basis.  That's a big plus.

2)  The brightness of two 100WA lights is good for the Sony NEX VG20 and decent with the Canon 5D MK II at 800 ISO.   It's at least good enough for creating the videos for my blog and for documenting things I find with my Cube 3D printers.

What I still don't know....

1) The actual LUMENS... (Ordered a Lumen Meter today)

2)  How they work in a room with big windows letting in outdoor light...

3)  How much brighter the 200WA unit will actually be.

4)  Best modifier for a "hair Light"... Snoot,, Bare Reflector, Small Softbox, Small Strip Softbox.

5)  Whether it makes a difference if the softbox is lined with silver or white

6)  Can GOLD lined umbrellas be used to match heavily predominant incandscent lighting when needed?  (Have to do this in some conference rooms at times)

Tom Meeks's gear list:Tom Meeks's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow