Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MTWewerka
Regular MemberPosts: 143Gear list
Like?
Going Pro, D600 or D800
11 months ago

Hey all, need a little advice. I'm going Pro, sort of(semi-pro), I looking to do engagement portraits, as well as portraits of kids, adults, dogs and babies. But at my core, I'm always going to be a landscape photographer who loves nature, flowers and objects.

That being said, I'm moving up from my recently purchased D7100 to either a D600 or D800. I know they basically have the same sensor, and while the D800E has no OLPF-I don't necessarily need that (I've never even noticed difference on my D7100). I know the D800 is obviously the more "pro" camera because of the 51-point AF system and has 36 megapixels and the better build quality. But I was wondering if anyone could make an argument as to why I should consider the D600 over the D800, other than price?

As for lens, I'm picking up the 50mm 1.4D (I like the older lens) a Nikkor 14-24mm (good for large groups and of course my landscapes) and possibly a Macro lens, but I'm not sure which one yet. It's going to be a pricey purchase, so I want to make this is a one and done deal.

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Mike Wewerka
http://mwewerka.tumblr.com

MTWewerka's gear list:MTWewerka's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR
ANSWER:
Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow