D800e with 24-70 on a vacation in London?

Started May 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
FtoDin5min
Regular MemberPosts: 401Gear list
Like?
Re: D800e with 24-70 on a vacation in London?
In reply to quadraticadder, May 30, 2013

I am the one who got the big problems (or my wife or friends) in London (See reference above)

I have to say my experiences of London or my wife's were related to more valuable items than a camera. I have walked in touristic areas with visible photo gear in London and did not have a problem. The problems happened when walking in residential areas and carrying other valuables or cars. This is when my experience of London proved dangerous.

As an example to the contrary as we also discussed Paris in the forum, I felt Paris was less dangerous for your health but much more prone to pickpockets and stolen gear. Thieves have literally infested Paris.

In any case, I would take my camera as I would be too frustrated not to have it in such places. And if someone steals it or threatens me to take it, I just have a special insurance that covers it as well as other valuables just while I travel, independantly from my regular insurance. So who cares (just annoying for the missed photos...).

Never make a claim on your regular insurance or your premium will fly or your insurer will not insure you again...

-- hide signature --

FTD5

FtoDin5min's gear list:FtoDin5min's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow