My photos published in school yearbook without permission.

Started May 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeMiami
Forum MemberPosts: 93Gear list
Like?
My photos published in school yearbook without permission.
May 29, 2013

So, i'm taking photos of my sons school football game. Another parent, also watching her son play, asks me if she can get copies of some photos. I assume she wants photos of her son playing so I say ok. I put some photos on a dvd and give to my son to give to her son at school.

I didnt know that she was a teacher in the school and in charge of the school yearbook. A few months later, a few days ago, the yearbooks come out. My son brings his home saying my photos are in it. I look and find that my football photos are gracing the sports photos, actually 11 of the 16 photos were mine. They are selling the yearbooks. My name or credit to me is not posted anywhere. Should I be upset? My wife surely is. Should I have been compensated in any way?

I should have been told where my photos were to be used and for what. I am honored they liked my photos enough to use them but no credit is given to me.

I should have least gotten a free yearbook for my son. They sold for $25 each.

How does anyone feel? What would you do?

I'll leave it up to everyone as to what I do.

MikeMiami's gear list:MikeMiami's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon Pixma MX340 Canon Pixma Pro-100 +11 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow