Testing the new LED100WA-56 Light with Bowens Softbox Mount

Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tom Meeks
Senior MemberPosts: 2,939Gear list
Like?
Ordering 100WA version
In reply to rockjano, May 29, 2013

I agree that the light output might be over rated.    Being under the lights they appear to be very bright; but, that's probably because of the daylight balance.

I just learned that they were working on a 200WA version.  I like the quality of the light enough to go for another.  So, I committed to buy one as my Key light.  They put up a link so that I could order it .    It's about $200+ more than the 100WA version.

The specs at the link claims 9500 lumens for the 200WA light.

I'm in a different position than many people that are looking for a set of lights.  I already have strobes and an excellent set of incandescent lights.  But, the area in which I have to work is so small that I really don't want to suffer under hot lights and I would like to be able to do a lot more demonstration videos related to the Cube 3D printer.  My YouTube following is approaching the 1000 count just with the screen capture tutorials and I'd like to step up what I am able to deliver for my blog now that Staples is carrying the Cube.

So, it makes sense for me to go ahead and invest in new, experimental lighting.  And, because I love to share what I learn, I'm happy to make what I find out available to others.

I should also note that the supplier in China has been super at communicating with me.  Fotodiox, which also carries the LED 100WA-56, has not been as good.  I have yet to hear from them on an email sent after I learned they carried them.  I'm amazed that communicating and dealing with a company in China is easier than dealing with one in the states.  Go figure! 

I understand that I will be probably getting the first LED 200WA-56.  So, they've said it will take a few weeks to arrive.  But, as soon as it does, I'll run it through its paces.  This is an important form factor for LED lighting and probably the wave of the future.

The incandescent light at my work, that I mentioned earlier, turns out to be 500W.

Tom Meeks's gear list:Tom Meeks's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow