Testing the new LED100WA-56 Light with Bowens Softbox Mount

Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 2,448Gear list
Re: Thanks for the test....
In reply to Tom Meeks, May 29, 2013

Thanks Tom

Great video!!!

I am really interested how much light this LED device can really make.

Thanks for the measurement this 1,2m (4 feet) 1/100 F4 at ISO 800 does not seems to be a lot

If you can compare it to a normal 1000W or even an 500W halogen bulb that would be very-very interesting.

But please put the same light modifier on them.

The best would be some kind of soft light the reflectors are very unreliable as I experienced.

If you can put both into the same softbox or if that is not possible use some kind of umbrella and light it indirectly...

I have a feeling that the light output of the LED devices or strongly overrated. They would be the best light source for video but is the light output enough???

Tom Meeks wrote:

I have a light meter; but, all it gives me is the f-stop relative to shutter speed and ISO.  It does not give me lumens as far as I remember.  At about four feet the numbers are:

ISO 800

My Photoflex lights have been loaned out.  But, I remembered that we have am old style hot light that I believe has a 1000w bulb in it.  So, I'll try to get you a comparable reading tomorrow.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow