Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
rockjano
Senior MemberPosts: 2,359Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks for the test....
In reply to Tom Meeks, May 29, 2013

Thanks Tom

Great video!!!

I am really interested how much light this LED device can really make.

Thanks for the measurement this 1,2m (4 feet) 1/100 F4 at ISO 800 does not seems to be a lot

If you can compare it to a normal 1000W or even an 500W halogen bulb that would be very-very interesting.

But please put the same light modifier on them.

The best would be some kind of soft light the reflectors are very unreliable as I experienced.

If you can put both into the same softbox or if that is not possible use some kind of umbrella and light it indirectly...

I have a feeling that the light output of the LED devices or strongly overrated. They would be the best light source for video but is the light output enough???

Thansk

rockjano

Tom Meeks wrote:

I have a light meter; but, all it gives me is the f-stop relative to shutter speed and ISO.  It does not give me lumens as far as I remember.  At about four feet the numbers are:

1/100

ISO 800

f4

My Photoflex lights have been loaned out.  But, I remembered that we have am old style hot light that I believe has a 1000w bulb in it.  So, I'll try to get you a comparable reading tomorrow.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow