Started May 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeff Klofft
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,523
Like?
FX Travel Lens Set Question
May 29, 2013

I’ve got an upcoming trip to the UK and am looking at lightweight travel lens sets.  On a recent trip, I took my D800 and the 28-300.  This lens was OK (good, but just good) and I missed a wider option.  This is leading me to other options that might include the 70-300, which I also currently own.  Right now I’m considering:

1a) Add an 18-35G to the 28-300 – This is an inexpensive lightweight wide-angle addition

1b) Add a 16-35 to the 28-300 – This is more expensive and larger but adds a VR wide-angle addition

2a) Add an 18-35G to the 70-300 (and perhaps add a 50 f/1.8) – This is a better quality lens set, but is missing the “normal” zoom range, and I might be changing lenses more often (dust issues?)

2b) Add a 16-35 to the 70-300 (and perhaps add a 50 f/1.8) – This is also a better quality lens set, but adds VR at the cost of greater size and weight.  Like 2a it is missing the “normal” zoom range, and I might be changing lenses more often (dust issues?)

Thanks for your thoughts.

-- hide signature --

Jeff

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow