D600 price drop soon. Also to be replaced by new D600S model

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Antony John
Senior MemberPosts: 1,011Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 price drop soon. Also to be replaced by new D600S model
In reply to lock, May 29, 2013

lock wrote:

I can point you to a forum where you will find over 2500 posts about this topic. Not only recent purchases but also recently fixed d600 are still struck by dust and oil. Exchanging shutter may work in some cases but not in all.

So where is the oil originating from then?

The fact that even May purchases with recent serial number show problems tells you how well Nikon has solved the problem during manufactoring.

But Nikonfan also bought one recently. You can find his experience in this forum.

Lock

Many posts were originated from the same people. How many 'unique' cases are there?

There are no reliable statistics.

I (and many others) don't have the problem. How is that explained?

I can only judge on my sample - that's reality. The fact is not all D600's show the problem.

No manufacture worth his salt will allow an issue that is significant to continue - and it's not a major problem to fix.

The Japanese are very 'honour bound'.  I doubt the 'cost accountants' come into play here - trying to remember those renowned cases where a (US) car was found to explode on rear-end collisions where it was decided that paying out death claims was cheaper than affecting after-market repairs - maybe someone can help?

-- hide signature --

AJ
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Antony John's gear list:Antony John's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D90 Nikon D600 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow