Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 24,681
Like?
Re: Without Mincing Words
In reply to John Byrne, May 29, 2013

John Byrne wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

John Byrne wrote:

you know of the kind "He said", "I said", that goes on here almost ad infinitum.

I have viewed the images referred to here by John King and after personally seeing the prints both before and after them being mounted behind glass there is to my eye no discernible differences in resolution between any of them. When viewed using a magnifying glass there are some minor visible differences but really not to the extent that most would find detracting in any way.

Cheers,

John

Excellent.  Since JK said:

I defy anyone to tell the difference with the naked eye between the printed images I have taken with my "antique" 5MP E-1 and those taken with my 10 MP E-510 or 12 MP E-30.

I will pose the same question to you I posed to JK:

So, just to make sure, you are saying that the reason to choose one system over another is for operation, not IQ, except for extreme situations.  Do I have that right?

NO

Then what, exactly?  I mean, if you can't "tell the difference with the naked eye between the printed images taken with the 'antique' 5 MP E-1 and those taken with the 10 MP E510 or 12 MP E-30", then it seems like you are saying there's no difference in IQ.

So, if I may ask, what constitutes "extreme situations"?  Low light?  If so, how low?  Large prints?  Other?

What say you?

NOTHING, except the following,

I am not here to argue with you or anyone else for that matter.

Well, you did jump in to respond to a post that was made over a week ago with a subject line of "Without Mincing Words", so...

I simply agree that viewing the particular photographs referred to that I too cannot with my eye see any discernible differences, but can see minor ones when using a magnifying glass--pretty simple and straightforward, not interested in creating any "to and fro" dialogue here for the purpose of discord.

See above.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Hmm.New
Yup!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow