Coming Back Again to the FZ200

Started May 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Vandyu
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,018Gear list
Like?
Re: Coming Back Again to the FZ200
In reply to GeraldW, May 29, 2013

Makes perfect sense to me, Gerald. I agree that the "new" FZ model will likely be longer, not because that's necessarily the right thing to do photographically, but because Panasonic will be forced into it because Sony, Canon and Nikon have decided that "longer is better."  We'll just have to be careful not to knock the darn lens into everything within  arm's reach

Also, there is a big question mark hanging over Panasonic as an electronics company. Like Sony, Panasonic has allowed the two Korean twins (LG and Samsung) to dominate the TV industry and related electronics components. Sony once dominated, and I wouldn't have anything in the house but a Sony Trinitron. My HDTV is an LG because Sony dropped the ball.

Panasonic will likely leave the TV business, but whether the cameras go as well remains to be seen.

-- hide signature --

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." (A.A. Milne)

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow