"Monkeying" around with portraits

Started May 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rick V
Regular MemberPosts: 122Gear list
Like?
Re: "Monkeying" around with portraits
In reply to Rick V, May 29, 2013

Thanks for everyone's comments! Ok.....got home from work today and bought Lightroom.....had to do it sometime if I'm gonna get serious about this hobby again. Had a really old copy of PS years ago but just found I was spending too much time trying to adjust my pictures, than just taking pictures back then, and it truely turned me off to the hobby.

The NEX 6 and the legacy lenses have rekindled the fire so to speak! So here is my first quick and dirty attempt to adjust the white balance on the original posted picture #5. used the WB temp slider and increased contrast and saturation some....looks a little better now. I again have really no clue what I'm doing...just ordered Kelby LR 4 book off Amazon...but that will take a few days to get here! Oh and one last thing...I've gone into my camera settings and set it to "RAW and jpeg".

Original attempt using Preview in Mac OSX

Amateur LR4 attempt!!

Rick V's gear list:Rick V's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow