What do you load on to SSD?

Started May 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Osvaldo Cristo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,099Gear list
Like?
All system, application files and working data lives into SSD
In reply to Robert Schoner, May 28, 2013

I think your better way to use the SSD from your computer will depend the way you will use it.

I am very glad with my way to use the storage in my workstation with one fast Intel 520 series 240GB SSD and one 3TB Hitachi Enterprise HD. Both with fast 6Mb/s interface and using plenty of my fast main memory as buffer/cache (I have 32GB four-channel RAM).

All system and application files lives into SSD.

I created four users each one for some specific task. The two main are the Administrator and my PhotoUser. All libraries and temporary files from Administrator run on SSD. PhotoUser has all its temporary files also running on SSD except the temporary files for Internet, Download area and Desktop (my temporary work space).

I maintain my working data all on SSD. After its use, I organize them in volumes and move them to my back storage constructed into my 3TB HD, there lives all my originals and worked photo files plus full backup of applications, mail, books, music and so on. I use more than 1TB in my back storage.

Perhaps you can create a similar scheme.

Regards,

-- hide signature --

O.Cristo - An Amateur Photographer
Opinions of men are almost as various as their faces - so many men so many minds. B. Franklin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow