Started May 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MCFFLYER
Forum MemberPosts: 73Gear list
Like?
My turn to ask: HS50 or XS-1?
May 28, 2013

Boy, I haven’t posted here on the forum in years, although I do read it regularly.  I have been a consistent customer of Fujifilm that started with the S602Zoom back in 2003.  I replaced it with an S9100, and it with a HS20.  Although this has been asked here before, I still am on the fence whether to step up to an HS50 or the XS-1.  My new wife has offered to take my old HS20 if I wanted to get a new camera, and since I’ve always wanted a partner who wanted to learn photography (or was a photographer), I am thrilled to give her the camera – and set my sights on something new.

It was fun to use my older S9100 again, as it’s a heavier, slightly larger, Japanese made camera, but I certainly like the feature set on my HS20, although it’s amazing how many changes were made in the controls over the years, and how different the menus are, but there were also massive changes from the S602Zoom.

So, now that HS50 users have had some time to work with their cameras, I ask the question once again, what are your suggestions on whether I should upgrade to the HS50 or the XS-1 taking into account that the XS-1 may now be discontinued and not replaced in the Fujifilm lineup?

Thanks!

Lee - Sacramento, California

MCFFLYER's gear list:MCFFLYER's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix E550 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix S9100 Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm X-S1 +3 more
Nikon Coolpix S60 Nikon Coolpix S9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
labe MOD
labe MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow