Nikon D600,D7100 or Canon 6D

Started May 26, 2013 | Questions thread
JOrmsby
Forum MemberPosts: 75Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D600,D7100 or Canon 6D
In reply to GK Baheti, May 28, 2013

I was struggling with the same question over the last few months, and just returned from a trip to Zion and Grand Canyon Nat. Parks with my new D600. All I can say is that camera/sensor is astonishing and can't recommend it highly enough.

I upgraded from a D5100, and tested both the D600 and 6D with lenses I wanted. The dynamic range and 100% viewfinder on the D600 really won out for me. The 6D is a nice camera no doubt, but if you aren't already vested in Canon full frame glass, I think you're better off with either of the Nikon's (for just some of the reasons mentioned above).

The D7100 is also a fantastic crop body from everything I've read and images I've seen. What made me choose the D600 thought is the better high ISO performance (I like to do some astrophotography) and the ability to have more true ultra-wideangle lens options (I also mostly shoot landscapes).

With that said, I had to return 2 D600 bodies which developed/came with the dust issue. I bought from my local camera shop and they handled it well. This third one hasn't had any problems and produces absolutely stunning RAW images. For what it's worth, the new 18-35G lens is great bang for the buck as well. Very impressed so far...

JOrmsby's gear list:JOrmsby's gear list
Nikon D610 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow