Testing the new LED100WA-56 Light with Bowens Softbox Mount

Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tom Meeks
Senior MemberPosts: 2,939Gear list
Like?
First Images with Color Checker
In reply to Tom Meeks, May 28, 2013

Here is the first image taken under the LED 100WA-56 lights of a calibrated color checker with a Canon 5F MK II set to 5600K, the nominal value of the lights.

This is the image without color correction...

X-Rite Color Checker Card under LED 100WA-56 lights - No Color Correction

A quick check of the color values of neutral colors (White, Black, Gray) shows that green is consistently lower by a small margin.  The lower left white patch has an RGB value of 250,247,249.  The lower right black patch has a value of 34,22,31.

The image Color Corrected....

X-Rite Color Checker under LED 100WA-56 Lights - Color Corrected

I chose to use the middle patch in the second row from the top as my color correction selection.  I lowered the Shadows until the black had a value around 10 and raised the highlites until the whites were around 250.  The Black RGB value is 9,9,9 and the White value is 250,251,250.

My next step will be to shoot this same card with my Photoflex strobes and make a direct comparison on all the color patches.  Until that is done, there is no way to objectively talk about other colors.

Tom Meeks's gear list:Tom Meeks's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow