Shop cameras & lenses ▾
jowill1026
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: I swear that I can get effects and looks in DPP that I can't with LR
In reply to Timbukto, May 28, 2013

Timbukto wrote:

The Photo Ninja wrote:

My new favorite picture style is Portrait, sharpening 3, contrast 1 and the auto lighting optimizer to standard.  I've tried to get a similar result in Lightroom, but I just can't.  Anyone like to try and post their settings?

- Noah

Set your camera profile away from Adobe Standard in LR for a good starting point.  I prefer LR sharpening and NR and exposure controls as well as brushes/local edits.  The latter is the killer feature in LR over most other tools.  I like DPP's sheer speed and the distortion/vignetting corrections are pretty good and DLO is pretty killer in destroying all CA or other optical aberrations.

I seem to get incorrect colors when I set mine to Canon's settings instead of Adobe Standard in LR4. Am I doing something wrong? My monitor is an IPS and I hardware calibrated it so the colors should be great. I took a picture that had a blue LED in it, imported as a RAW into LR4 and tried out the different camera profiles. The light appeared to have a purple tint in all but Adobe Standard. Adobe Standard looks the most accurate to the actual colors..

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow