OMD settings: beginner

Started May 27, 2013 | Questions thread
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 15,919Gear list
Like?
Re: OMD settings: beginner
In reply to joehawthorn, May 28, 2013

joehawthorn wrote:

thank you to all the contributors...no I will not sell my OMD and appreciate the links which have clarified my settings (would have been better on S-AF). Am delighted with many of the photos I have taken and they are so much better than the Canon S90 I used previously. I do have the kit zoom and have been happy with it though the recent experience was at a children's party, indoors with moving targets. The 45 lens was fast enough to use with no flash.

If I can quote from the article I was directed to

"One thing Olympus Micro Four Thirds cameras are not, though, is intuitive out of the box. Combining feature rich with unintuitive can be a recipe for trouble, unfortunately, and the E-M5 suffers from this problem. Once the camera is set up properly it can be easy to use, but getting there is not easy. Olympi, and the E-M5 in particular, are obtuse."

I note the OMD setup guide from DPreview made similar comments. Perhaps I am looking for more trouble but what is the easiest way to set to take B and W (not the grainy scene option)

the easiest thing is to just get an E-pm2.

On either camera there is a B&W setting called "M" in the shooting quick menu.

I know, "M" in the menu is confusing with "M" on the control dial-they are not the same thing.

The E-pm2 does not have a control dial so you can't get confused.

TEdolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow