Started May 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photoeng
Contributing MemberPosts: 977Gear list
Like?
D200 - applying sharpening during import
May 28, 2013

I've had a 'new to me' d200 for a little over a year now and have really enjoyed it.

I just recently started playing around with my conversion software (LR3) and realized that I can apply sharpening during import (I shoot in raw only).

I'll begin experimenting with this starting today and obviously I'll see for myself the results.

I'm curious if anyone else does this for their D200 raw files and what they think about it.

More generally -Can software based sharpening on raw files completely compensate for the so called 'aggressive AA filter' on the D200?

I have tried kicking up the sharpening setting on the camera and I find that on some images, its still not enough and I still have to apply sharpening in post.

photoeng's gear list:photoeng's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D70s Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II +7 more
Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow