Why Canon made 1Dx best specification ... II

Started May 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,316Gear list
Like?
Re: Nice colors
In reply to Mako2011, May 28, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

That doesn't mean Canon cannot do that either.  This one was taken from 100-400L on 5D3, an inferior lens compared to your 70-200G/4.0 VR or 70-200G/2.8 VR II.  Since it's too big to be added into DPR gallery, so I provide this 100% cropped photo, oh, yeah on 1:1 full size   Better to download to view it clearly, or need to wait several seconds until the photo is fully rendered.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3MrYp_nWjPGaktYX19PT3BtNmc/edit?usp=sharing

The image dimensions are not 5760 x 3840 but instead 5241x3432. Perhaps you down sampled or cropped? Quite a bit of grain as well, strange. You cut off the horns, but left lots of space behind. Not a good example I think.

There are no grains.  You really need your eyes checked. I just showed 5D3 also can deliver very high resolution even with an inferior lens.

r can your D800 thru heave cropping from a 200mm or 300mm lens deliver such photos belows?

Certainly no worse regards sharpness, but more detail could have been captured. That's natural.

Seriously you think D800 + 300mm lens can outresolve 5D3 + 500mm lens? You don't know what you are talking about. I actually have seen some D800 airshow photos with 300mm lens that IQ is not good after overcropping. If you don't believe, give a try and show photos to us.

All taken from the yesterday Junes Beach airshow.

F10 and 1/250? ....you are correct and better technique can make a difference. No need for f10 here. Still, all very nice colors,  though a bit to aggressive with the sharpening slider in LR for my taste.  Thanks for sharing...I do enjoy aviation.

It's clear you don't have much experience in plane photos. The key here is 1/250 not F10 to slow down the propellers' capturing for necessary motion blur rather having a surreal frozen propellers as the planes going to drop You should also notice I shoot at ISO 50 (because I don't have 500L drop-in ND filter holder that I ordered but in back-order) otherwise it'd be F20 that diffraction will kick-in. It's not oversharpening but 5D3 is sharp! Your tastes are questionable from many examples we encountered before

BTW, this helicopter pilot is the only one in US or in world that is certified to do acrobatic helicopter performance. Yes the chopper is in upside down flying.

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
100New
fateNew
TrueNew
ThnxNew
OT:New
alsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow