OM-D E-M5 vs E-5 (build quality)

Started May 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sergey_Green
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,291Gear list
Like?
If you read my posts
In reply to boggis the cat, May 28, 2013

boggis the cat wrote:

So, this is a better lens, but considerably more expensive.  Possibly the latest Canon and Nikon 135 system equivalents will have caught up to this level of performance?  (Not at f/2, obviously, but putting that aside.)

Then there is the rather important fact that the Zuikos don't work on any APS-C or 135 body in any case.  So really it is a bit irrelevant to compare them as they are not options in themselves -- you must choose a system that will use the Zuikos if you want them.

The point I was making was not that 14-35 is of lesser value lens, the point I was trying to communicate is that Tamron is not a c-grade optic either. Looking at these test results I can not say I am not impressed,

Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 VC Studio Tests

But as you say, it is irrelevant to compare them outside their systems. And since my Nikon 24-70/2.8 hardly gets any use on FF camera, I don't think I would ever have an interest in 24-70/4 variant if there was one.

-- hide signature --

- sergey

Sergey_Green's gear list:Sergey_Green's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Hmm.New
Yup!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow