Started May 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ultimitsu
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,593
Like?
Re: As someone who owns both the 5D3 and D800, I'd say no
In reply to SubPrime, May 28, 2013

SubPrime wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

And no, 5D3s are larger.  I am looking at one right now.

no it is not, chech DPR studio test scene. the image is identical. the sizes are as above.

That's one shot.  I shot more than test scenes.  I have a 5D3 and I am looking at files between 27 and 34 mb.

because file size grows as ISO goes up, that is true for both canon and nikon. how many identical shots have you done using both cameras to compare?

So what? File sizes vary from image to image.

So it is a very good bench mark, because the scene is exactly the same. It proves that Canon's RAW are compressed.

No it doesn't.  It proves that the CR2 files are smaller.

what ? 5D3 files are smaller because it has less resolution than D600.

Of course not, but I still would like to know how you arrived at the 20mp figure at ISO800.

Educated guess. You got a better number?

Better than what?

better than what? you are already lost?

You made one up based on no scientific basis.

Lets see... answer these questions.

what resolution do you think you will get will D800 and 24-85 VR at iso 100?

how much resolution do you think is lost when you use iso 800? and how much is lost at iso 6400?

Your answer would either be 36mp in all cases - which would be plain wrong. Or you would recognise that you will not get full 36mp in all these cases but I am asking you to give us a estimation.

As I said, 20mp is my guess, I am welcome any other educated guess. calling names is what fanboys do, mmmk?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow