Started May 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,350Gear list
Like?
Re: Born from example
In reply to Mako2011, May 28, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Obviously you purposely ignored what I said in earlier post that compared a best well-lit small areas of feather of his bird vs a shadow-lit wing from my bird.  But if we compare for the same-lit bird bodies (main subject after of all), the difference is pretty clear.

It is indeed. In this case...comparing 100% crops (though that concepts seems to still be a bit illusive for you) ...the D800 did indeed resolve more detail

You need you eyes checked or you just unable to see from your biased eyes, LOL.

Any my bird is obviously sharper despite shooting at almost double higher ISO with an inferior lens.

Inferior is indeed the correct word but not the right context. You didn't crop the same 1 to 1, it appears...try the 100% crop and compare.

the above bird from my shot is 100% cropped, or your word 1:1.

I will not call it tack sharp and he admitted not tack sharp .

And f4 ISO 100

Subject is matter.  Sure this guy has lots of hairs, lots of them.  Oh yes D800 does have lots of resolution at ISO 100, F4 and 1/640 sec, why not shoot at 1/10 hand-held BTW?

Full Size No PP

And

100% crop

Interesting stuff

That doesn't mean Canon cannot do that either.  This one was taken from 100-400L on 5D3, an inferior lens compared to your 70-200G/4.0 VR or 70-200G/2.8 VR II.  Since it's too big to be added into DPR gallery, so I provide this 100% cropped photo, oh, yeah on 1:1 full size   Better to download to view it clearly, or need to wait several seconds until the photo is fully rendered.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3MrYp_nWjPGaktYX19PT3BtNmc/edit?usp=sharing

I will not call it tack sharp and he admitted not tack sharp

No one said it was....only that it obviously resolves more detail than the 5D example, as we can see here.

Gee, where I was trying to compare to 5D sample?  I was talking that car shot.  do I ever present my car sample?  If you talking birds, my bird sample absolutely resolve more details.  It seems to you biased eyes, you cannot accept 5D3 has a chance to beat D800?

Not a mystery...simple math born out in example. Is it relevant? Conceptually regards resolution...perhaps. Web only pics...not so much.

Yeah a well known math.  higher pixel density, you need a higher shutter to deliver similar per-pixel or 100% cropped sharpness.  I am not even trying to dispute resolution but just on better technique.

Or can your D800 thru heave cropping from a 200mm or 300mm lens deliver such photos belows?  

All taken from the yesterday Junes Beach airshow.  It's very windy and therefore bunch of programs cancelled due to 30mph gusty wind.  Saturday show was cancelled all together due lingering rain and heavy wind.  this time I didn't walk to sands but stay on boardwalk.  It's pretty far away cross a very wide beach and airplanes are very small flying above the ocean.  All these are heavily cropped.  Your 36mp will not help thru extreme cropping.  Otherwise show to us please, lol.

500L+1.4x TC III = 700mm

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
100New
fateNew
TrueNew
ThnxNew
OT:New
alsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow