Started May 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
narenek
Regular MemberPosts: 202Gear list
Like?
Nex 5n at the zoo
May 28, 2013

Took my 2 year old boy and a couple of his friends to the zoo as a belated birthday party. Weather in the UK has been bad enough that we'd postponed it twice, but this bank holiday we got great weather. It's not a huge zoo so it's well setup for the young ones and it took a good 4-5 hours before they flagged

I took along the 5n and my girlfriend her venerable F828 . Took along the SEL35 and an SMC Takumar 135/3.5. I found focusing with the 135 tough even with focus peaking as I often found that on screen it looked fine and the peaking showed it in focus but zooming in on the image or on the pc you could see the focus was slightly out (makes what nzmacro and the other birders do doubly impressive to me). Reckon I only got 1 or 2 in 10 as keepers with the lens but practice will improve that. That said I think the lens itself shows real promise.. in this case the workman can't blame his tools 

Anyway here are a few pics I 've had the chance to work on. First 3 are with the 135 and the next 3 with the SEL35. C&C appreciated.

Tiger.. but no Pooh

Another Tiger or maybe the same one again...

Simples!!

Pretty heavily cropped to remove a boring background and harsh shadows from other visitors.

Not bad for going through glass I think

I think DoF was a little too low, had just swapped to the lens and it defaulted to F1.8 and i didn't check

narenek's gear list:narenek's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow