Started May 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rick V
Regular MemberPosts: 115Gear list
Like?
"Monkeying" around with portraits
May 27, 2013

Beautiful day here in Cincinnati, USA. Getting tired of taking pictures of my dogs......so spent the morning at the zoo. Have been buying up old Asahi Pentax Takumar's for use on my new NEX 6. Recently received a 300mm/f4, so I thought I'd use it today. Monopod used, aperture priority, sunny white balance, ISO 100-200, but my keeper rate was probably still only 1 out 10!  These are the best ones...well at least the ones I liked the best. JPEG's in Vivid mode, with just some quick cropping, auto levels and slight sharpening (just using Mac Preview...no PS or LR). Still learning and would like some critiques if you all don't mind.

Love shot #5 (the last one) but the white balance is a bit off, coat appears "blueish" to me ( I didn't change any settings from the other shots). I was in shade though, and she had moved into shade. Would that have made a difference?

Thanks for any help.

Rick

Rick V's gear list:Rick V's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow