Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,020Gear list
Like?
Re: It is typical corpseak...but
In reply to Rriley, May 27, 2013

Rriley wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

erichK wrote:

For me, the appearance of the E-5, after all our doubts and hand-wringing, was a pleasant surprise. Experiencing all the small but very useful improvements that it incorporated was even more pleasant (as tends to be reflected in its retention of value.)

So, I remain optimistic.

There are really separate points in the whole theme:

- That Olympus will release a camera that will use FT lenses well - yes I think this is happening

- That the FT system is not dead- that's where I disagree. I think a new camera that uses the FT lenses well will be a backward compatibility/support issue. The FT lens system will not be further developed and manufacturing of those lenses will star to cease (if not already).

sure,the first thing you would if you are going to continue to make SLRs (which is what the document says) is stop making lenses for it

The FT lens system is certainly nor further developed. The big signal was the canning of the telephoto macro- a highly anticipated lens in the line up.  The document says one thing, let's see the follow up.  Olympus has said many things over the years.

That's not to say that it isn't great that Olympus is taking care of the FT legacy owners, I think that's great.

yes Im sure you do

There's no need to be childish- sarcastic here. I actually mean that.  I realize this may still come as a surprise to you but I don't have any particular alliance to a brand.

- The appearance of the E-5 to me was proof positive the system had gone off rails. The E-5 came at a very high asking price in a competitor's market that had moved on with lacking performance - yes the sensor.  Lack of DR, lack of good high ISO performance and worst: terrible banding.

Back then many called me crazy for pointing this obvious truth out but now that the EM-5 sensor has proven to be "such a revelation..."

crazy you say?

Yup, amongst other things.

that reminds me of something, didnt you say a lot of things about the EM5 sensor too?

Yes, I did.

you assured this forum over a period no less than months that you were right and the EM5 sensor put out no better performance than GX1,

you said something exactly like "anyone who looks at the chart and sees the EM-5 does over 12 stops of DR from raw at ISO 1600 and believes it, needs to have their head examined"

just think of the money wasted if we listened then

Yes, and I corrected myself.  You keep bringing this up as a negative but truth is, the mere fact I corrected myself with evidence, and fully admitted it, is not a cons but a virtue.  By all means keep bringing it up!

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/41251363

Of course, you don't count the many times I was right, but that's ok

there just isnt any need to try quite so hard here Ricardo
its either just assumption or idle chit chat after all...

I am not. There's nothing you are saying that involves trying hard

-- hide signature --

erichK
saskatoon, canada
Photography is a small voice, at best, but sometimes one photograph, or a group of them, can lure our sense of awareness.
- W. Eugene Smith, Dec 30, 1918 to Oct 15, 1978.
http://erichk.zenfolio.com/
http://www.fototime.com/inv/7F3D846BCD301F3
underwater photos:
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/5567

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

-- hide signature --

Riley
any similarity to persons living or dead is coincidental and unintended
support 1022 Sunday Scapes'

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TimNew
carizi MOD
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow