Can I backup the "activation code" for Adobe CS6 or Lightroom?

Started May 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LongTimeNikonUser
Senior MemberPosts: 1,072
Like?
Can I backup the "activation code" for Adobe CS6 or Lightroom?
May 27, 2013

For Windows 7 or Office 2010, Microsoft stores a "tokens.dat" file that can be backed up.  In practice, if you redo your Windows install from scratch, you can restore these files so that you don't need to reactivate Windows or Office.

(If people want, I can post these locations for Windows 7.  Or else, do a search for "Josh Cells Software." )

I have CS 6 installed on both a desktop and a laptop system.  I would like to do the same for my Adobe products, because I need to wipe and rebuild my Windows 7 install on my desktop system.  Adobe's activation policy is a pain in the rear, and I was wondering how Adobe software detects that it has been activated.

If the activation indication is a registry entry, rather than a file, that's OK.  I'm quite comfortable with regedit.  If the file is normally hidden, I can deal with that also.

I want to be very clear about this.  I am a legit, paid up user of this software with the install DVD from Adobe, and I do not condone piracy.  I am just trying to manage my systems more carefully and with less total time and effort.

I've done some searching on this question, and all I get are a mixture of sites advising on how to install CS6 or else pirate sites (which are also dangerous because of all the malware.)

Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

LongTimeNikonUser

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow