Just returned my 80-400mm VR AF-S lens

Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
AZBlue
Contributing MemberPosts: 865Gear list
Like?
Re: May be, I should've used the word "abuser" as opposed to "cheater"
In reply to Pradipta Dutta, May 27, 2013

Pradipta Dutta wrote:
No. The purpose of money back warranty is not unsure purchases. But it is primarily to provide extras protection to the consumers for "buyer's satisfaction". Those who are buying the product and then returning it as the buyer's remorse kicks in is simply inappropriate and beats the original purpose of extra liberal return policy. 
I should have called "abuser" as opposed to "cheaters". But is still does not change point. These guys/gals are using the return policy in a wrong way that is leading to those extra cost being passed to other regular consumers who doing it the right way.

-- hide signature --

My Online Gallery - http://www.pbase.com/pradipta

You practice individual responsibility your way, others will practice theirs in their own way. I don't hear any of these retail stores complaining, do you? Also, why do you feel that you have some exclusive understanding of the reasoning behind why retailers offer these guarantees? Your opinion is no more valid than the next person's. Obviously you feel that what the OP did was inappropriate and you would never do the same in your own life. That's great and fine... for you.

If the retailers wanted to limit their return policies in any way, as you suggest, then they are free to do so. However, none have done so. Personally I will not purchase something unless I am 100% sure, and then will return only if the product is defective. However, that is my personal philosophy. Who am I to tell someone else that they can't return something because they didn't like the shade of black? I mean, everyone is different.

-- hide signature --

"I've been in more laps than a napkin" - Mae West

AZBlue's gear list:AZBlue's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow