Leica Mini M

Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,418Gear list
Like?
If it's not Full Frame....
In reply to GXRuser, May 27, 2013

GXRuser wrote:

i could see a version with either a full frame, aps-c. different end users, different prices.

If the Mini M is not FF and accepts ALL M mount lenses then Leica will have missed the mark and the opportunity to bring in new users to the Leica fold.

You need to think of the Mini M as a "starter drug" which will lead to the eventual upgrade to the M.  For many, the Mini M may be all they need or want but for so many more the cost of the  M RF body is just too prohibitive.  An alternative to those expensive RF bodies which will use M mount lenses is long overdue.   I don't mind spending money on glass that will always work but digital bodies come and go.  Make the bodies affordable, keep the glass at the present price point.

I can't believe I just used the adjective "affordable" in the same sentence with the noun, Leica. I guess we can all still dream.  

It's the Leica glass that is so good and is so responsible for those amazing Leica photographs.  Leica glass rules, no two ways about it... but an affordable body is what is really needed... and if that means getting rid of the RF mechanism, I'm all for it.  Those who desire the RF experience will still have it.  Those who are willing to adopt another focus method will then have their option as well and still be able to use those incredible M lenses.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow