Did Nikon screw up?

Started May 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 22,855
Like?
Re: Don't confuse resolution and mega pixels...
In reply to ultimitsu, May 27, 2013

ultimitsu wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

in fact 20mp is all that you will extract from D800 with less than perfect lens or with perfect lens but at ISO 800 upwards (give or take).

How did you arrive to this conclusion?

What is interesting is how you failed to make any effective counter argument.

Why would I need to make a counter argument? You made a claim, proof your claim. Otherwise all you are saying is just nonsense.

You don't need a perfect lens (which still does not exist) to take benefit of the higher resolution of the sensor.

Who said you will not get advantage from that sensor?

The improvement can be seen with ANY lens, as long as you have not reached the maximum resolution of the lens.

While that is correct, it does not defeat the quoted statement.

It is really basic, isn't it?

Basic it is, it does not prove the quoted statement wrong.

In any case, most lenses (at least my lenses) outresolve the D800. It is an Internet hoax that you need new lenses with the D800.

No one said anything about need for new lens. Chill.

Chill? You are talking about the need for perfect lens for anything above 20MP. If that is your opinion (it must be an opinion since it is not facts) then you must also have the opinion that new lenses are needed for the D800 otherwise it is really pointless to buy that camera. The only problem is that I don't know any "perfect lens" yet, so perhaps you can enlighten us about which one you regard perfect.

Not really sure how you come to that conclusion.

Did you really think you got 36mp resolution at every iso and with any lens?

Of course you get 36MP at EVERY ISO. Every single pixel is used at ANY ISO, so if your camera has 36MP then all of those are there even at ISO6400.

You are either unable comprehend the meaning of that statement, or intentionally playing dumb.

The way I see it is that the one playing dumb here is you. You made an empty claim without any substance in that statement and expect everyone to believe you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow