Did Nikon screw up?

Started May 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 22,879
Like?
I am affraid...
In reply to John Cerra2, May 27, 2013

John Cerra2 wrote:

As a D600 and D300s owner, I find this entire  discussion bemusing. The D600 is a truly amazing camera, from the experience of shooting  high speed sports at iso 3200 and then printing at 16x24. You can complain about the 5.5 fps burst rate...but I don't care. You can complain about the top shutter speed of 1/4000 of a second, I can't remember the last time I needed 1/8000. You can complain about the autofocus speed, and I acknowledge the d4faster. But once I figured it out, I was fine. You can complain about the weather sealing, and I will acknowledge  it doesn't match the d300s. But I bought this camera for net $1500 to $1700 in the December sale, and used the extra money to buy the new 70-200 zoom. It's a wonderful lens, good enough for a pro I know to ditch the also amazing bit heavy 70-200 f2.8.  After knocking the d600 and d800, she has added a d600 to her kit and now raves about it. She sold a d700 earlier this year because she wasn't using it.

I can directly compare my shots vs pros that were shooting top of the line Canons, their state finals photos have been widely published around here.  The Canon color space seems cartoonish like in terms of over saturation. Maybe this was easier for me, since I followed one team and knew the players and their tendacies. But over several games, in varying light conditions, after ceding them the prime spot on the baseline...I had no problem getting great shots and better iq.

So while you search for the holy grail, I am getting pro caliber prints at a fraction of the camera cost. So I guess it's how you look at it....I am ecstatic and think that Nikon nailed it.

...that you answered the wrong post. I am not the one complaining here.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow