Correction: NOT WSJ but Yahoo Finance: Olympus one of 10 brands to disappear in 2014

Started May 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,916Gear list
Like?
Re: No way does Sony have 51% share of Olympus. That would have been
In reply to Corkcampbell, May 27, 2013

Corkcampbell wrote:

headlines in the real WSJ, every other business paper, and on this website. More like less than 10%, but it was somewhat shared with a new venture (or perhaps entity) that involved the two companies and was focused on medical imaging. I believe that 51% was mentioned in that regard a few months ago, but that venture has been delayed or postponed. Naturally, Sony wants to move in that direction, considering the stagnation of the consumer camera sector, as well as to enlarge the scope of its sensor operations to make up for its other electronics losses, such as TVs.

Yes, you are right,  I just reopened the documents I had stored, see my message just above, it provides links to the document announcing it.

At the time of the announcement, Sony had about 11% of the shares, which made it the biggest shareholder and allowed it to enter into the Olympus board of directors, where they have one seat.

The creation of the new company has been delayed, but is now done; it  has been announced on the 16 Aprile http://www.olympus-global.com/en/common/pdf/nr130416e.pdf

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow