FRUSTRATED with Nikon...Nikon's response to my question..WILL NOT SUPPORT THEM IN THE FUTURE!!!

Started May 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
One_Oldman_4U
Senior MemberPosts: 1,171Gear list
Like?
FRUSTRATED with Nikon...Nikon's response to my question..WILL NOT SUPPORT THEM IN THE FUTURE!!!
May 27, 2013

I guess I just rented an EXPENSIVE battery from Nikon...SCREW Nikon!!

Below is Nikon's response to my question from my previous thread.

Dear Mr. Scheller ,
Thank you for contacting Nikon.
There has been a service advisory for your battery. Please check the link below to check if your battery falls under the category of being affected. If your battery is apart of the service advisory as a recall, please follow the appropriate steps below of how to replace your battery, If it is not, unfortunately, you will need to purchase a new battery.
Answer Title: Nikon Service Advisories
Answer Link: http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13688
Any other questions or concerns you may need, please don't hesitate to contact us back via your account or at our toll free number at 1-800-NIKON-US (1-800-645-6687).
Ref#130525-000556
Thank you,
Danielle
Nikon Tech Support

My previous thread...

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51524657

I charged one of the battery from my D7K to use o my V1. It charged ok (overnight chargin). As soon as I put it on my V1 and turned it on, I got the message:

"This battery has reached the end of its working life and can no longer be used."

View: original size

I also got the same message when I put it on my D7K

This battery was only charged no more than 15X since it's my back up battery. This is the first time I saw this kind of message on any battery I have ever used on a digital camera and I have several (Canon, Panasonic, Olympus, etc.). I have a Panasonic LX3 that's older than my D7K and never had this message. When the battery is dying, it just won't charge or will hold charge. This to me indicates that the battery is going bad.

Any ideas? Can I do something with battery so I can re-use it? I wouldn't mind buying another battery but this type is freaking expensive!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Here's the link for the recall. My battery is "SAFE according to the recall.

https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52326/~/notice-to-users-of-the-en-el15-rechargeable-li-ion-battery---update-may-2013

Per the recall,

- If the 9th digit of the EN-EL15 battery lot number is E or F then the battery needs to be replaced as it may be affected by this issue. Contact Nikon Customer Support for further details regarding battery replacement.

- If the 9th digit of the EN-EL15 battery lot number is A, B, C, D, G or any subsequent letter in the alphabet then the battery is safe to use and no further action is needed.

My battery SN 20101105BD0139. From this and from what the Battery Info is showing me, I'm S--T OUT LUCK on an expensive battery from Nikon.

-- hide signature --

-- RiK --

One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow