Started May 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim F
Senior MemberPosts: 1,656
Like?
Prospective V2 Owner Curious ...
May 27, 2013

... I am close to pulling the trigger on a complete V2 System (as a backup to and a lightweight travel kit to complement my D800E and my heavy artillery equipment). But one thing has me a little spooked and is holding me back (from destroying my Visa account) - that is in reviewing the "traffic" on this forum it seems like very few folks own the V2. Or, very few folks are posting anything about their V2 and their experiences. What secrets are you withholding !?!?! Did the V2 come out too quick after the V1 and thus no one felt compelled to buy it? Is it a stinker? Is it just price? What gives here? Curious minds want to know (and my mind is as curious as they come!).

I know the V2 price is certainly an issue. That said, however, it seems to me that, knowing Nikon's exorbitant pricing history, a V3 (if there is one coming) will be even "more pricey" than the V2 (even with the current modest discounts in effect, e.g., B&H). I hear through this grapevine, but I cannot confirm, that they're not selling well.

Since I don't own the V1, the issue of whether an "upgrade" to a V2 is justifiable is not an issue, of course. I'm starting from scratch. I'm just a little surprised at the lack of V2 discussion and the merits of that model (price notwithstanding).

I am committing to the N1 system since I want to use my DSLR long lenses with an FT1 for wildlife reach. But I'm no "fan boy"; I'm just trying to figure out what's going on here. Thom Hogan was lukewarm on it in his review, but he's got one in "his bag". Jason Odell likes it and uses it too. So, it must not be chopped liver. How about you folks?

Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 (Lumix DMC-FT1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow