Dheorl wrote:

tedolf wrote:

Dheorl wrote:

tedolf wrote:

tedolf wrote:

dotborg wrote:

walkaround wrote:

tedolf wrote:

Leica has a licensing agreement with Panasonic.

Do you think any Licensee would sign a License Agreement allowing  the Licensor to compete with them in the same marketplace?

Yes, they already do. The D-Lux6 "competes" with the LX7 for example.

Panasonic makes the D-Lux 6.

Tedolph

Perhaps the mini M will be the same as the GX2.

simply re-brand an exsiting Panny u 4/3 camera with a red dot they would have done that with the GF-1.

The fact that they did not and have not since then (look at how much the G6 looks like an R9!) should tell you something about their Agreement with Panasonic.

Tedolph

Maybe they didn't think the GF-1 was worthy of the red dot.

I don't think it tells us anything about the agreement those two companies have tbh. Lets be fair, panny and Leica are hardly going after the same market segment.

Also considering the G6 really wasn't released that long ago, maybe this will just be a rebadged G6.

like I said,I just don't understand ahy eople can not accept reality.

Tedolph

Because sometimes dreaming can be a nice thing to do.

You have an unhealthy fixation on gear.

Really, is the camera you have not good enough for what you do?

Tedolph

It's plenty enough for most of what I do. Could do with a faster sync speed and I wouldn't mind about having the characteristics of a bigger sensor some of the time.

What can I say, I'm impressed by fine quality engineering. Leica is pretty much the epitomy of that when it comes to cameras (although yes, I realise if it is just a rebranded panasonic then it won't have that same usual Leica quality). Leica producing a camera that is afordable and usable day to day would be very appealing to me.

to get the quality engineering you gotta pay for it!

If they just rebadge the G6 with a red dot and double the price, what is the point (other than the cool red dot)?

Tedolpg

Yea, I wish it could be different though. As it is what I'm hoping for is an M camera without the rangefinder mechanism. Then it will be just as high quality (hopefully) and cheaper than the M-240.

It will still be unafordable.

Leica will never again make an affordable "Leica caliber" camera, they did that once and it almost destroyed the company-Leica CL.

Outsold the M5 about 5 to 1.

Tedolph

It will at least be more affordale, to the point I might be able to justify buying it. I guess that means for me it will actually become affordable.

50% more?   100% more? for exactly the same Panasonic camera just with a red dot on it?

TEdolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
VF-4New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow