Can HP G6-2235 handle Photoshop CS or Photoshop Elements 7?

Started May 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 12,512
Like?
Re: Can HP G6-2235 handle Photoshop CS or Photoshop Elements 7?
In reply to aec2003, May 26, 2013

aec2003 wrote:

I am thinking about buying this laptop but I'm not sure if it can handle either of the Photoshop programs that I have, CS and Elements 7.  Here are the specs for the laptop

• Next Gen AMD A6-4400M 2.7GHz up to 3.2GHz 1MB L2 Accelerated Cache Processor
  • 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM) Installed Memory
  • 750GB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
  • 15.6" diagonal HD (3) BrightView LED-backlit display (1366 x 768)
  • Windows 8

Thanks for the help!

CS 2?  CS4? 5? 32 bit or 64 bit ?  The older versions are unlikely to run on Win 8, I'm pretty sure CS2 will not.  That makes a difference.  Elements 7 might run, though I'm not sure about the Win 8 compatibility, it was designed to run on  equipment with less ram  but I don't think you will be happy with the performance for photos larger than, say 12-16 mpx.  So if you have a camera with > 16 mega pixels it's going to be marginal.

Loading them onto this machine won't hurt anything, I don't think, so you have nothing to lose by trying, in my judgement.  I would try them out.

However perfectly good photo editors designed for Win 8 can be bought for less than $50 USD, (excellent ones for less than $100) and Gimp and others can be had legally for free (and they are pretty good editors in spite of their price!  Many swear by Gimp).  Just do an internet search for "free photo editors for Windows 8"

But for the larger photos, you are likely to need more RAM.

-- hide signature --

I still like soup. . .
Now that you've judged the quality of my typing, take a look at my photos. . .
http://www.jpgmag.com/people/glenbarrington/photos

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow