I've tried the E-P5 and VF-4 - Just a couple impressions.

Started May 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rick_Hunter
Contributing MemberPosts: 739Gear list
Like?
I've tried the E-P5 and VF-4 - Just a couple impressions.
May 26, 2013

I was lucky enough in being allowed to use for a few minutes a silver E-P5 with the VF-4.

My quick impressions:

- The build quality is really superb, feels and looks real good.

- The new viewfinder is only marginally bigger than the VF-2 I'm currently using. It looks much bigger in the pictures because it has a more squared shape, but in reality there's little difference in size. The image you get from the VF-4 is bigger and more detailed, it's definitely an improvement. The eye sensor works quickly too.

- The controls layout beats the older pens, it's quicker and more intuitive, and the lever for changing the functions of the two main control dials really is very, very handy

- The grip is not removable (but the camera sits well in my largish sized hands and the main controls fall under my fingertips)

In general it feels a much more substantial and serious camera than my E-PL5 - I still think the body only price could be a tad lower, though. (I was told by the rep that here in Italy the body will go for 999 euros)

Rick_Hunter's gear list:Rick_Hunter's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D600 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus PEN E-PL5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow