Started May 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 15,125
Like?
Born from example
In reply to qianp2k, May 26, 2013

qianp2k wrote:

Obviously you purposely ignored what I said in earlier post that compared a best well-lit small areas of feather of his bird vs a shadow-lit wing from my bird.  But if we compare for the same-lit bird bodies (main subject after of all), the difference is pretty clear.

It is indeed. In this case...comparing 100% crops (though that concepts seems to still be a bit illusive for you) ...the D800 did indeed resolve more detail

Any my bird is obviously sharper despite shooting at almost double higher ISO with an inferior lens.

Inferior is indeed the correct word but not the right context. You didn't crop the same 1 to 1, it appears...try the 100% crop and compare.

I will not call it tack sharp and he admitted not tack sharp .

And f4 ISO 100

Full Size No PP

And

100% crop

Interesting stuff

I will not call it tack sharp and he admitted not tack sharp

No one said it was....only that it obviously resolves more detail than the 5D example, as we can see here. Not a mystery...simple math born out in example. Is it relevant? Conceptually regards resolution...perhaps. Web only pics...not so much.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
100New
fateNew
TrueNew
ThnxNew
OT:New
alsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow