Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Inkjet printer any good?

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 3,794
Like?
Re: Question about the rebate
In reply to aman74, 11 months ago

aman74 wrote:

aman74 wrote:

A couple questions to help in a decision to buy or not.

-How would the print quality compare to say a quality online commercial print...something modestly priced, but decent quality like MPIX or maybe something a bit better?

Not really! You can do better than any other lab with any of these great printers, if you know what you are doing.

-Being that it's Dye based...how effective at preserving prints are some of those archival sprays or other coatings? I did some reading awhile back about them and it seems like they work well, yet I never see them mentioned when talking about Dye based printers and the subject of longevity comes up. Are they not that effective or do they have some bad drawback?

Under glass these images will last many decades. Longer than regular wet color prints would ever do.

-Are there any third party carts yet?

Yes and no. Precisioncolors has put together a tested set of inks for the PRO-100 but there is will no resetter. So after you empty each color cart and received the empty signal, you will have to disable in monitoring for each color. The OEM carts are refilled the same way as CLI-8s are filled.

http://stores.precisioncolors.com/PC42.html

DO NOT FALL FOR ANY COMPATIBLE CARTS OR REFILLABLE CARTS YOU MIGHT COME ACCROSS WITH ON EBAY! Trust me!!!

It's best to spend the money until you have two sets of OEM carts to being your refilling schedule. Always replace the whole set of 8 carts whenever one color reaches low level. Remember that when you are refilling, you have no Ink Level Monitoring so you'd BETTER visually inspect the carts every so often. Run a cart dry and print, and you will definitely burn out your printhead and a new one is just over $100.

Joe

Thanks!

Anyone?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow