Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
nevada5
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,603Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 19mm - why buy the Sony 20mm?
In reply to straylightrun, May 25, 2013

straylightrun wrote:

nevada5 wrote:

Pancakes are great but I don't put cameras in my pocket.  The Sigma gets much praise, the specs are the same, so why buy the Sony?

-- hide signature --

Hey, it ain't rocket surgery.
I'm experimenting with Quantum Physics and I just discovered that I can completely destr

People choose the Sony because it is a pancake and is compatible the wide angle and fish eye adaptors as well which is a bonus (It can turn into a 15/2.8 with the wide angle that will be about the same size as the Sigma w/hood). If you don't need/like pancakes, don't get it. Sony doesn't make lenses just for you or only offer one product line just for you.

Thank you.  Your first sentence was just the kind of information I was looking for - what are the advantages of buying the 20mm.  Then I guess you ran out of beer or something, your helpfulness turned into sarcasm.

In any event, someone resurrected this post from four months ago and it's become irrelevant since then.   Thank you anyway.

-- hide signature --

Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow