Smallest case/bag for X-E1

Started May 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
jfriend00
Forum ProPosts: 11,106
Like?
Re: Smallest case/bag for X-E1
In reply to nixda, May 25, 2013

I just took my X-E1 w/18-55 into the camera store to see which bags fit it well.  I was looking for the smallest, lightest bag that would hold my X-E1 with hood extended without it being too tight a fit and without too much extra room.  I want it for backpacking on a chest mount so I can just pop the lid, pull the camera out and shoot.  From what they had in the store, these were the possibilities:

Lowepro Toploader 45AW - just fits with no extra room.  Comes with rain cover.

Lowepro Toploader 50AW - Camera fits sideways with room underneath for another lens.  Comes with rain cover.

Lowepro Rezo TLZ 20 - just fits with no extra room.  No rain cover.

Tamrac Sub-Compact Zoom Pack - 514 - Fits easy with lens down.

Tamrac Digital Zoom 3 - 5683 - Fits easy with lens down (little bigger than the 514).  Has nice top-cover latch if you don't want to zip all the way around for quicker close that holds the camera securely (but isn't dustproof).

In almost all cases, the manufacturer has a slightly smaller bag if you want it to just fit without hood extended.

I think I've decided I want the rain cover (long distance hiking) so I'm probably going to get the Lowepro 45AW or 50AW depending upon whether I want room for an extra lens or not.  Tamrac has a lot of nice bags if you can find a store that carries a big selection.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow