Dell XPS One 2710

Started Jul 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
rmcohen
Regular MemberPosts: 223Gear list
Like?
Re: Dell XPS One 2710
In reply to Koert, May 25, 2013

Koert wrote:

Mine came in last week. I ordered the $1,399 base model for a few reasons. The RAM, SSD, and DVD player are easily upgradable. And, the slightly lower power processor is less likely to overheat, which is the only problem with this type of case design.

Lightroom 4 and Photoshop run reasonably fast but I miss the SSD from my old machine and look forward to adding one to this system. (I was disappointed to learn that I couldn't use my old one.)

The monitor was the main selling point for me and I'm very impressed. Just before this computer was announced, I was strongly considering switching to Apple just so I could have the iMac's 27" monitor and clean design. The Dell XPS One has better specs, a similar monitor, and a very clean design. I was previously using two 24" 4:3 monitors and I am just as happy with using two windows on this single 27" display.

I hope you're still monitoring this thread!

How is the monitor on this unit with respect to color correction?  Is it easy to adjust/balance? I will be using sRGB most of the time, but may want to experiment with AdobeRGB as well.

Thanks,

Bob

rmcohen's gear list:rmcohen's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 70-200 F4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow