Started May 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ned-B
Senior MemberPosts: 1,306Gear list
Like?
GR Reds look fine to me
May 25, 2013

I've seen a few of the comments about the GR red issues some of you have been discussing. As it's always difficult to determine how these tests were done that prompt certain conclusions, I decided to put my GR through a little test in the last two days of capturing red objects to see how they looked.

Images were shot in Raw (DNG) and processed with CS6 using Adobe Camera Raw 7.4.0.137. Since I never shoot jpegs with any of my cameras, I can only comment that my GR appears to be producing very accurate colors with my normal processing. I should also note that I did no editing or manipulation of the image for these shots except for selecting "daylight" for a few images versus the default "as shot" setting when opening them in ACR.

Hope these images help provide a datapoint for what will likely be an on-going discussion until we get some serious, well documented reviews of the GR hopefully in the near future.

Cheers,

Ned

Ned-B's gear list:Ned-B's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-3
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow