qianp2k
Senior MemberPosts: 9,580Gear list
Like?
Re: change
In reply to Mako2011, May 25, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

jjnik wrote:

If I had shot your pelican side by side with you - the D800 image would be much sharper for

More resolution probably but I don't think much sharper.

Yes...all else being equal. Just as sharp or sharper. Degree unknown though, you are correct in that regard. Not as sharp as the 40D though

But not all else equal. 300L II is sharper than 300G.  5D III is sharper than D800 at per-pixel basis are the facts.  D800 photo is bigger however or has more resolution.  But anyway from so far I have seen from jinik's D800 photos, I am not impressed by sharpness.

From all D800 photos you posted so far I am not I am not impressed by your D800 photos in sharpness department.

That can happen when you consider the 40D sharper than the 5DIII...tainted vision

Those purposely manipulated test is meaningless.  However how 40D is related to this thread? Please not off-topic.  I just say 5DIII sharpness is not less than D800 with choice of lenses.

According to DXOMark tests,

Unrelated.  Change of subject?

Why DxOMark test is not related but 40D is related in this thread?

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
100New
fateNew
TrueNew
ThnxNew
OT:New
alsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow