Inconceivable! Nikon can't repair my 80-200 AFS!

Started May 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,436Gear list
Like?
Re: United Breaks Guitars
In reply to Nikonparrothead, May 25, 2013

Nikonparrothead wrote:

So then you're suggesting Nikon should offer new gear, refurbished gear and then refurbished gear fixed with used parts. The entire concept behind refurbished is Nikon has brought an item back to factory specs -- by definition that can't be accomplished by used parts. So to create a whole new category of "refurbished but not factory spec" would require an additional labor cost for tracking and probably offset any savings from using used parts.

It looks like the OP can get his item fixed by a third-party shop so that's good.

Sometimes, that's the best alternative.

-- hide signature --

'Nice pen, bet you write good stories with it.'

Geeze, I'm not talking anything, just thinking out loud. I don't think there's anything wrong with breaking down old cameras for parts. I don't think there's anything wrong with disclaiming this to a customer. I'm certainly not trying to argue it one way or another which you seem to be trying to do. I don't play that way with the bait and banter.

I also was one of the first to suggest the OP go to a third party repair service, if you read the thread. Please don't ankle nip. A real Parrothead wouldn't.

Take care.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow