Slynky
Senior MemberPosts: 2,428Gear list
Like?
Re: What should be done with cheats ? Part 5 :-(
In reply to merops, May 25, 2013

merops wrote:

ConanFuji wrote:

ConanFuji wrote:

Actually the system convicts a defendant when he is proven guilty "beyond reasonable doubt."

It's not good to convict someone because there is "reasonable doubt".

That's why Iraq has burned to the ground .... because there the President of the United States, GW Bush had some reasonable doubt that Saddam wasn't honouring his word on not producing WMD.  (That's all a play anyway, because the whole shbang was to raid Iraq's oil with his Haliburtn friend.)

Clear, Mr. Veteran?

Slynky wrote:

-snip-

So, that's why we in the US tend to use the phrase, "reasonable doubt"

From Wikipedia,

Beyond reasonable doubt is the standard of evidence required to validate a criminal conviction in most adversarial legal systems.

Generally the prosecution bears the burden of proof and is required to prove their version of events to this standard. This means that the proposition being presented by the prosecution must be proven to the extent that there could be no "reasonable doubt" in the mind of a "reasonable person" that the defendant is guilty.

It should also be noted that this is the standard of proof in criminal proceedings. In many other proceedings the standard of proof is lower - eg 'on the balance of probabilities'. It's appropriate to demand a high standard of proof when someone's liberty is at stake. However, when the worst that's going to happen to them is that they get banned (probably very temporarily) from DPR, then a lower standard of proof is appropriate.

In my opinion, I think at least some of the evidence presented here would even meet the 'beyond reasonable doubt' test.

Which I already stated for "his majesty".

-- hide signature --

/A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life"./
(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow