ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nico1974
Regular MemberPosts: 340
Like?
Ricoh GR lens performance test images
May 25, 2013

lens comparison - please view original

I did a very unscientific test comparing the corner lens performance of my new Ricoh GR @f2.8 vs NEX6 with Sigma19mm @ f2.8 vs Nikon D800E with Nikkor 1.8G @f2.8

All images have had only default lightroom sharpening applied to them and have all been imported as RAW. No chromatic or other lens corrections have been applied. Please do not comment on the artistic merit of the test images as they have none - they were simply taken from my roof garden in London.

I have cheated with the D800E image in that it has been downsized and the lens was stopped down to f2.8 rather than taken wide open at f1.8. The light was also changing hence the difference in shutter speed and white balance - all images were taken at ISO100.

I am VERY impressed with the Ricoh GR so far and very happy with the lens performance and overall sharpness. The images do remind me a lot of the original Sigma DP1 I used to have but with much better dynamic range.

Ricoh GR f2.8

Sony NEX6 with Sigma 19mm @ f2.8

Nikon D800E with Nikkor 28mm 1.8G @ f2.8

Nikon D800E Sigma DP1 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow