Did Nikon screw up?

Started May 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
jacobwhite
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
Re: Did Nikon screw up?
In reply to lanefAU, May 25, 2013

You got a point - I guess I need to reframe my question..because I don't have the means to test all of the cameras in detail...

My main reason for having a 35 mm clearly is about speed at reasonable file size. In other words if the D800 had a smaller sensor - I would probably get it ... the sensosr size is off putting - I work with Medium Format in studio or landscape/architecture type of photography - and there it makes sense.

However - 35 mm for me is about reliability on the field - speed, accuracy, AF, wide array of AF points (where the D600 somehow disqualifies)...

So here is my actual question - all things considered - is the 5D a more appropriate replacement for the D700 than the D800?

Again not denying that the D800 actually is a good camera - but different users, have different needs and I try to invest in a body no more than every 6-7 years - want to get it right...

jacobwhite's gear list:jacobwhite's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow