Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.4 lens not so hot.

Started May 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,436Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.4 lens not so hot.
In reply to SubPrime, May 25, 2013

SubPrime wrote:

MisterHairy wrote:

But have you personally tried and compared the 1.8 lens, Lance? It seems to me that it would be a little difficult to make any claims about the relative performance without having first hand experience.

But you are telling us we don't need to rely on that.  You made the claim that reviews are backing up your claim that the 1.8 slays the 1.4.  Then when Lance proved you wrong, you said, who cares about the charts, it's all about using them in the field.

Even if we were to take that argument seriously, you haven't even bothered to include any comparisons.

Also, I know that it's easy to fall into the trap of name calling, but I'd appreciate if you would try to show some restraint.

It's also easy to fall into the trap of hyperbole and outlandish claims.

I am neither slow nor ignorant, thank you, just curious and open minded enough to compare a couple of lenses and anecdotally share my results. Sorry that I touched a raw nerve.

You didn't touch a nerve, you are trolling and demonstrating a lack of intellect and method to your argument.  First you made an outlandish claim, which you have not only utterly failed to back up, but you even claimed was supported by a bunch of links which contradict your claims.

Then when you're called out on your false claims, you accuse your critics of being hyper sensitive.

You have no perspective, you're a troll.

Come on. The name calling is not needed and what gives these threads a bad name. Just because you believe he went over the top in his review of the two lenses, does not make him a troll. I agree with Lance that he did over-do it but he took a second look and admitted he might have exaggerated. I commend him for that. That certainly is not trollish.

Take care.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow