Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.4 lens not so hot.

Started May 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 13,357Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.4 lens not so hot.
In reply to ThePaleRider, May 25, 2013

ThePaleRider wrote:

There is a strong consensus on the interwebz that the 1.4G lens is bettered by the 1.8G, so it looks asthough the OP is just finding out what many before him have also found.

That is so not what happened here. The OP did not merely state an opinion that matched any kind of consensus on the web. He went way overboard with a lot of hyperbole which could easily mislead a novice photographer.

Lance also was very strong in his desire to refute the hyperbole. He wasn't refuting which lens was better, but just the over statements and exaggerations. The misleading and misguided parts.

Moreover, once the comparisons were placed up, they more showed the opposite of what the OP contended. The OP finally admitted to the exaggerations. Personally, I appreciate the OP making this admission. We all sometimes exaggerate claims. It's pretty common. On the other hand, we need to consider what beginning photographers might believe. i.e. some kind of consensus.

Some few of us own both lenses and sometimes multiple copies. We knew better from the start.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow